The Lease Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Asset Manager and Lease Administrator with coordination, communication and recording of all lease administration activity related to the company’s real estate portfolio. Individual has primary responsibility for maintaining both soft and hard copy filing system, as well as communicating updates and status changes of real estate to appropriate stakeholder in a timely manner. Maintain and distribute real estate reports as assigned.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintain real estate database and associated files in an organized filing system, according to company standard. Ensure all prescribed lease information is accurate and current.
- Receive and record new leases, ensuring a seamless transition from new development turnover to active lease management status, and timely initiation of rent and related payments
- Receive and record existing lease renewals, terminations, amendments, and other ancillary real estate agreements and associated files and documents, ensuring status and payment changes are communicated properly to key stakeholders who have work related work streams.
- Manage critical date tracking and alerts according to documented process including lease-related action dates and requirements, upcoming lease expirations, renewal options, early termination and other date sensitive obligations and rights.
- Assist Asset Manager(s) and Lease Administrator with lease negotiations and related duties as deemed appropriate including lease negotiations, CAM reconciliations, and other work flow or administrative duties
- Prepare and distribute periodic standard and ad hoc reporting
- Advise department leadership of any issues that arise and could adversely impact a lease agreement, operations, or the company’s financial performance
- Demonstrate and coordinate consistent and high touch customer experience, service delivery, and documentation processes across Lease Administration Team; may serve as a single point of contact for the team in these matters
- Assist with developing and maintaining processes related to information processing in Lucernex, including changes to system database as appropriate. Provide training and support to all users of system, as necessary.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining processes in support of information flow and exchange between Lease Administration function and all other functional groups that support real estate including but not limited to Field and Facilities operations, Accounting, Finance, New Development, and Legal Real Estate.
- Related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
A minimum of five years combined experience in the fields of real estate coordination, lease coordination, or lease management. College degree strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of real estate lease management and related practices, general business administration and accounting/finances required. Extensive experience with Lucernex or similar real estate database system.
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel is highly desirable.
• Strong analytical and communication skills, including oral/written presentation skills.
• Aptitude for researching, understanding and interpreting leases and related legal language, and able to effectively communicate responsibility and requirements to operators and facilities personnel.
• Attention to detail and accuracy. Incumbent will need to be flexible to adjust to changing needs of department.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- All department and lease related activity and correspondence is routed properly, and documented in systems and paper files in a timely and accurate manner, per company standard
- Communication, coordination, reporting and other administrative duties are performed in a timely and accurate manner, with a friendly and supportive disposition
This role will close to applicants on Monday, April 29th at 5 p.m. P.S.T.