The Asset Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of assigned real estate portfolio of properties. Individual will review market position of assets on both an individual and portfolio basis, assess operating and financial performance trends, and partner closely with key internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute the company’s real estate strategy. Individual will negotiate leases, renewals, early terminations and other related real estate agreements, as well as provide guidance and direction on asset investments and maintenance. This role is a great opportunity with lots of growth potential.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day asset management for assigned portfolio of sites, and negotiate the business terms of lease contracts and other real estate agreements in support of the company’s real estate strategy; in addition, monitor and protect high contribution properties, alerting the organization in a timely manner if it needs to pursue relocation efforts for leases that are scheduled to end.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with the leadership of Field Operations, Legal Real Estate, Facilities, Finance, Accounting, Construction and New Site Development to drive profit contribution from individual real estate assets. Coordinate with in-house legal counsel during lease negotiations to ensure that in addition to business terms, both legal and technical lease revisions are incorporated into negotiations and final lease, as desired.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with landlords and related representatives that will support achievement of company real estate objectives
- Work effectively with other third-party real estate partners and systems to execute real estate strategy (e.g. brokers, developers, Sitewise, CoStar); obtain market intelligence as needed to support negotiations, such as Broker’s Opinion of Value (BOV)
- Assist in developing management strategy related to real estate systems and platforms, and maintain database of all key information related to effective lease management in a timely and accurate manner, including lease abstracts and information that is interfaced with other company systems
- Perform lease audits, CAM reconciliations, and other pre-emptive work as needed to minimize either loss of revenue or cost exposure to company
- Conduct on-site visits, assess real estate and market conditions, monitor trends and create real estate action plans as needed
- Generate corporate and field analytics reporting related to assigned portfolio, including negotiations log of outcomes relative to contractual positions
- Manage Lease Administrator and Coordinator position(s)
- Related and other duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
3-5 years of lease negotiation and lease administration experience representing tenant side in a large, multi-unit environment; strong understanding of lease provisions, CAM reconciliations, jurisdictional and code compliance, Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business-related field highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Lease interpretation and demonstrated negotiation skills required. Must be highly organized, and have ability to work independently/remotely, multi-task, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines in a high production environment. Proficient at conveying information through written and spoken communication, as well as effective presentation skills. Strong analytical skills related to lease business terms, and able to leverage in negotiations. Experience with site selection highly desirable. Light travel required.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Manage or coordinate all lease administration functions, and coordinate asset investments for assigned portfolio to yield timely, cost effective, and well documented outcomes
- Recommend and support real estate strategies that maximize profit contribution to the company
This role will be closed to applicants on Monday, April 29th at 5 p.m. P.S.T