It only takes one experience at the window to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Dutch Bros. is more than just a drive-thru coffee company. "We may be a coffee company, but we are in the relationship business."
Travis Boersma, co-founder and President, along with the company's 10,000+ employees across seven states believe that the mission of Dutch Bros. is to create a positive experience every day for the customers and the communities its serves. Though today the coffee company is one the country's largest, privately held drive-thru coffee companies, with over 330 locations, its focus and passion deeply lies on serving and loving others. The company donates over $2 million a year to its local communities and nonprofit organizations, including the Muscular Dystrophy Association, in honor of Dane, Travis' brother and co-founder, who passed away in 2009 with Lou Gehrig's disease. Dutch Bros. was founded in 1992 in Grants Pass, Oregon where the original location still operates.
The Senior Full Stack Developer is responsible for programming on specific application subsets of the company’s application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Key Result Areas and Job Responsibilities:
Respond to new website-related tickets within 24 hours and resolve as quickly as possible:
- Participate in on-call support and owns the system monitoring process for website applications.
Meet agreed upon milestones in developing enterprise applications:
- Builds enterprise level services, web applications and back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages.
- Creates prototypes and functional specifications for software projects.
- Uses best practice technical methodologies for engineering solutions to application development problems.
- Create and consume RESTful APIs as well as other types of third party APIs.
- Convert user requirements into technical design.
- Provide technical vision as well as owning development, monitoring and implementation of web-based applications.
Oversee application coding and providing technical expertise and mentoring to other developers:
- Assists in project planning, code reviews, application architecture and website design.
Participate in scheduled daily, weekly Sprint meetings and contribute to the Agile methodology.
- Meets with departments on specifics of projects, new technologies, and deadlines.
Determine browser inconsistencies and develop methods of overcoming them.
- Coordinating and communicating cross-functional activities among product development, marketing, product management, and other teams in bringing new applications online.
- Overseeing application coding and providing technical expertise and mentoring to other developers.
- Increase online exposure through search engine optimization best practices.
- Increase system performance by implementing systems to monitor, stabilize and improve application speed.
- Occasional lifting up to ten lbs.
- Must be able to work in a climate controlled, office environment
- Vision must be good or corrected to normal to perform normal job duties
- Hearing must be good to have the ability to understand information to perform job duties
- Ability to read and write in English in order to process paperwork and follow up on any actions necessary
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks
- Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field or technical institute training.
- Experience with large scale external facing web applications.
- Proficiency in Web Services (REST/SOAP/GraphQL), SOA concepts, Web Front End and Batch programming
5 or more years related experience; multi-platform experience, and expert level experience with business and technical applications; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, code review and provide troubleshooting support.
- Multi database and/or multi language experience preferred.
Experience in MS SQL Server or other RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL, DB2 or PostgreSQL
- Should be comfortable in a troubleshooting role; General interest in new technologies.
- Strong communication skills with ability to translate technical requirements for business and client needs.
This role will close to applicants on Wednesday, November 6th at 5 p.m. PST.